Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Mechanical Engineer
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20222006-84656
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Mechanical Engineer
Job Code: SAS20222006-84656
Job Location: Bristol, PA
This position will be responsible for the overall Mechanical engineering and design of complex telemetry products supporting customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Telemetry & RF Products Division of the Mission and Avionics Sector of L3 Harris Technologies.
- Create complex mechanical designs and execute layouts for multiple Telemetry Products.
- Create 3D models for design feasibility and interference detection.
- Produce 2D working drawings from 3D models.
- Analyze designs to determine suitability, for intended purpose and environments, including (but not limited to); thermal and structural with an emphasis on vibration and shock, fatigue, etc. Use tools as required to supply back-up data.
- Preparation and application of geometric dimension and tolerance analyses of designs to assure manufacturability and interchangeability.
- Directly interface with members of the product development team to produce high quality/dependable products and resolve technical issues and direction.
- Assures that engineering drawings correctly reflect design intent.
- Creates and implement engineering change notices.
- Interprets and applies industry and customer standards.
- Preparation of materials needed to support engineering design reviews.
- Attendance and participation in Internal and Customer attended Technical Interchange and design review meetings.
- Conduct extensive investigation to understand root cause and corrective action.
- Provide input into new products, processes, standards, and plans
- Provide a scope of work, including goals and budget for each for each project.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of engineering hours required/expended for each project.
- Support Bids and Proposal efforts to assist L3HARRIS in winning new and follow on business.
- Provide leadership/mentorship to Junior Engineers and others within the L3HARRIS organization.
- CAD Proficiency using tools such as Solidworks or CREO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree (MS/PhD) and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong and effective organizational, analytical, time and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities with a degree of autonomy and integrity.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Sound decision-making capabilities; Demonstrated creative problem solving skills within both a team and independently; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong team player who can incorporate input from others and can generate consensus through inclusion.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Positive attitude, detail oriented, exemplary attendance, punctual, highly organized, flexible, quick learner, self-starter and reliable team member.
- Ability to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Outstanding Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written) and negotiation skills to work with a wide variety of audiences.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and 40+ hours a week when necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Strong understanding of applicable government and industry standards including ASME Y14.5 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices), and its application techniques.
- Knowledge of PCB layout and design practices and standards.
- Familiarity with Electronics assembly and construction processes and techniques.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management practices and Engineering Change Notices.
- Additive manufacturing and part optimization experience a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.