Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Integration & Test Engineering Specialist
Bristol, United KingdomJob ID IMS20232209-106431
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Integration & Test Engineering Specialist
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Job ID: IMS20232209-106431
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Bristol provides enduring, robust and cutting edge Platform Management Systems (PMS) for both the UK Royal Navy sub-surface and surface fleets, notably current Astute submarine and Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) aircraft carriers, in-build Type 26 and Type 31 frigates - this skill set also extends into cruise liners and super-yachts in the commercial marine market
We are looking for an experienced Integration & Test Engineer to join the team based in Bristol. You will be required to provide an integration/test and service engineering expertise for all aspects of product and systems, from software test and acceptance during product development through to commissioning and in service support.
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 1pm finish every Friday
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Referral bonus scheme
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Professional registration with the IET (if applicable)
What the role will involve
- Design and implement comprehensive test strategies to ensure the functionality, reliability, and performance of control systems are fully verified
- To build, test and maintain the system integration and acceptance testing facilities.
- Support development and test activities throughout the lifecycle through execution of verification testing activities, resolving snags or deficiencies as required, and participate in test readiness & wash up meetings as required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges during testing
- Prepare and present test plans, reports and summaries to stakeholders.
- To contribute as required and appropriate to the whole design lifecycle of products and systems including participation and contribution to requirements analysis, design reviews, stakeholder project and progress reviews.
What you’ll bring
The role of Integration and Test Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or an aerospace related engineering discipline, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Test Engineering, or equivalent length of relevant professional experience.
- A demonstrable understanding of systems engineering development and principles including requirements, design, integration, validation, and verification activities, with a focus in test and acceptance processes & standards.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people and organisations worldwide.
- A systematic approach to problem solving in support of verification test activities
- Proven ability to work under pressure; meet tight deadlines,
- Familiarity with Jira, DOORS, Agile software development, and Verification and Validation processes and tools
- Understanding of the requirements, processes and procedures for defence contracts.
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of Control & Instrumentation; preferably in marine, defence or offshore environments.
- Experience of operation or maintenance of submarine or marine ship’s systems.
- Familiarisation with PLCs and other control equipment components to enable basic setup or fault finding during test, experience with Siemens TIA Portal Service in particular is a bonus.
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.