Electronics Quality Inspector (Union)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electronics Quality Inspector (Union)
Job Code: SAS20201509-50651
Job Location: Bristol, Pa
Job Description: Performroutine visual and dimensional inspection operations on sub-assemblies, completed assemblies and work in-process.
- Perform highly repetitive visual/dimensional inspection operations on a select number of vendor supplied mechanical and electronic components.
- Perform visual, mechanical and electrical inspection operations and basic functional tests on a select number of vendor supplied mechanical and electronic components
- Work from wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, specifications, and general instructions to perform in-process inspection duties.
- Follow detailed instructions and refer to inspection procedures to perform basic receiving inspection duties.
- Perform basic receiving inspection/in-process inspection duties with limited instructions and direction of supervisor or working leader.
- Visually inspect PCB assemblies for use in telemetry systems and other electronic equipment.
- Check and inspect electrical wiring connections and general component layouts for compliance with applicable drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and complete inspection forms/reports and records.
- Verify identification and proper mounting of components.
- Detect and report any operating difficulties or questionable conditions to your supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years experience in Quality inspection of electronic components and in-process inspection of electronic printed circuit boards and assemblies.
- 0-3 years experience with drawings and use standard measuring tools/instruments; Ability to use basic arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Technical school certification or equivalent experience in electronic Quality Inspection preferred Clearance if desired
- Must have excellent written and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required for data entry
- Ability to lift various items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Have the ability to communicate and interface on various Quality related subjects daily.
- Current or ability to obtain required certifications: IPC-A-610 “Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies” Certification, IPC J-STD-001 “Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies (Inspection module only). Certifications will be required no later than (2) weeks after being hired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.