Electronics Assembler (Union)
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20211401-55057
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electronics Assembler (Union)
Job Code: SAS20211401-55057
Job Location: Bristol, PA
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Electronics Assembler, routes, wires, assembles and installs electrical-mechanical and electronic components in telemetry systems according to specifications, using fixtures and jigs, hand tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings and specifications to determine assembly methods. Solders surface mount components to printed wiring using microscopes and hand soldering devices in high reliability environment IAW IPC-610_Cl. III standards.
- Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and materials per engineering and company's quality system procedures.
- Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements.
- Assemble printed wiring boards from engineering drawings and sketches using surface mount hardware, soldering irons and microscope.
- Cut wire to specified lengths, using wire cutters.
- Cut plastic sleeves and slip sleeves over wire ends to insulate connections.
- Crimp terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or machine crimping device.
- Route, comb, twist, wrap, tie and attach wire to terminal points, according to layout, using soldering iron and hand tools.
- Connect wiring to accessories, such as connectors, plugs and switches and install accessory assemblies in electrical or electronic units, using soldering iron and hand tools.
- Pot or encapsulate electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
- Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a defect is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
- Responsible for following procedures for product assembly/fabrication, equipment operation and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 months prior related experience.
- Previous soldering experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Certified IPC Specialist J-STD-001
- 6 months to 1 year prior related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.