Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Spec, Software Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Spec, Software Engrg
Job Code: CS20212109-69666
Job Location: Brisbane, Australia
As part of the Land 200 project, L3Harris are providing the Army with next generation networking technology, allowing full IP connectivity across the battlespace. A key component of the project is the primary client facing application, allowing the users to plan and monitor the network, both remotely and in the field. The successful candidate will undertake activities and tasks related to the design and implementation of this web-based application, supporting the full software lifecycle from developing the requirements through to the formal testing.
- Developing and maintaining software components for the Land 200 project
- Enhancing the existing product with bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Investigating and implementing new technologies to improve the product
- Support colleagues in their activities and the wider project team
- Providing written knowledge transfer material.
- Experience (5+ years) as a full stack developer
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain Baseline security clearance
- Current Australian Security Clearance
- Good understanding of server-side development (Java, C#)
- Good understanding of common libraries, frameworks and asynchronous request handling
- Good understanding of development on the Linux operating system
- Proficient in common development tools: VS Code, Git, Jira, Teamcity
- Proficient with testing and debugging complex systems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to Australian citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.