Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Systems Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spec, Systems Engrg
Job Code: CS20212908-68429
Job Location: Brisbane, Australia
L3Harris Technologies (L3 Harris) is an agile global aerospace and Defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. We provide advanced Defence and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. We bring speed, innovation, and flawless execution together with our commitment to make the word safer and more secure. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Supporting the Engineering Team within the Communications Systems Segment, the Systems Engineer is responsible for identifying, creating and delivering a new tactical communication system for Defence. As the system moves into sustainment, your work will encompass technical investigation, system change proposals and improvement of L3Harris product.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various phases of their discipline as well as being able to work alongside and receive invaluable mentorship from L3Harris’ exceptionally talented engineering team.
- Develop, implement, and test equipment and network configurations from both engineering specifications and customer descriptions.
- Maintain the configuration of various equipment (hardware and software) used within a system integration environment as new hardware and software releases become available.
- Conduct functional testing in support of quality control of product releases and root cause analysis of reported defects.
- Prepare engineering documentation (drawings, diagrams, design notes, work instructions, test procedures, reports, etc).
- Contribute to Systems Engineering Reviews and technical workshops with the customer.
- Assist with the setup and execution of concept demonstrations.
- Current Australian NV1 security clearance or ability to obtain.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum 2- 8 years of related Engineering experience supported by relevant industry qualifications in the areas of networks (CCNP), computing infrastructure or system administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Information, Telecommunications, and Electronics Engineering or related field.
- Understanding of the principles of radio communications, networks, and computing infrastructure.
- Experience with tactical radio networks.
- Knowledge of secure voice and data systems including an understanding of cryptographic equipment.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and apply skills to a broad range of tasks.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can truly create your own path and make lasting changes then this is the role for you.
Please be aware this role requires an NV1 security clearance. Security Clearances may only be granted to Australian Citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment will be subject to government security vetting.
L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.