Spec, Software Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Modelling and Simulation Lead will be responsible to support Australian Electronic Warfare projects to deliver unique and exceptional outcomes to the Australian DOD.
This role will oversee planning, monitoring, control, reporting and liaison associated with a suite of M&S deliverables that will compliment the Engineering development.
This position is on full time hours, working on a fixed term contract.
- Supporting a team of engineering, and technical professionals by delivering their content as models for customer use in assessing the capability under development.
- Close collaboration with Customer and stakeholder teams in the drafting and delivery of M&S engineering and technical artefacts for an EW program, delivering work packages
- Build and manage model data packs that include version design descriptions, verification reports, source code, configuration data and user guides
- Actively managing M&S and technical risks, and supporting a project risk register with clear mitigation plans
- Contribute to the production of project management and technical reports associated with assigned programs for the Micreo team and for the customer.
- Tertiary qualification in IT (or similar)
- Minimum 3 years experience in Modelling and Simulation roles
- Experience with Simulink®, MATLAB® and C/C++ coding is essential
- Collaboration, communication and negotiation skills with a strong focus on building successful relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Practical experience in the Defence Industry sector is preferred, and federal Government contract experience is essential
- Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- The candidate must be able to hold and maintain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Positive Vetting (PV) security clearance - PV is preferable, otherwise Negative Vetting 2 (NV2) as a minimum.
Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance as a condition of their employment.
Candidates will only be considered for a position at L3 Harris Technologies if they are eligible to hold a security clearance.
A NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL TWO (NV2) security clearance is required for this position. Candidates must be an Australian citizen and have a checkable background of at least 10 years. A current NV2 security clearance is highly desirable.
Further information on security clearance eligibility requirements can be found on the AGSVA website
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be sent by applying below.
We thank all applications in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Spec, Software Engrg
Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane