Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Field Engineering
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spec, Field Engineering
Job ID: CS20220909-90208
Job Location: Australia-Queensland-Brisbane
Under the L3Harris Communications Australia Field Engineering Manager, the Specialist Field Engineer will work within the existing Mature Support Contract to the Commonwealth of Australia. This team is responsible for supporting the contract requirements for the provision of:
a. training design, delivery and evaluation;
b. maintenance support;
c. software upgrade services;
d. engineering support services;
e. equipment installation services;
f. equipment operation and support services, and
g. planning and advice support.
The Specialist Field Engineer will be required to work as part of a team, as an individual or as team lead to engage with other Engineers, Sales Specialists, Program Managers (PM), Account Managers (AM) and Customers. Based in Brisbane, Australia, with extensive domestic travel. The Specialist Field Engineer will have the following range of responsibilities:
• Responsible for field and office based technical support of RF Communications tactical radio equipment in the HF, VHF, UHF and SHF RF spectrum.
• Responsible for the operational quality of system equipment.
• Provides pre-sales and/or post-sale technical support of company products/systems.
• Provides, presents and interprets design, application and service information to sales staff and customers.
• May assist with the design of minor systems to satisfy customer needs.
• Assesses and analyzes technical application of company products and competing equipment to meet customer needs.
• May assist with the preparation and presentation of sales proposals through the provision of technical and non-technical drawings; equipment specifications and technical paragraph text.
• Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
• May install, configure, operate, maintain, repair or modify customer equipment or software.
• Provides guidance and training to customer personnel in establishing operation, maintenance and inspection procedures and techniques.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment failures to determine cause and recommends and/or performs corrective action.