Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Group Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assoc Mgr, Software Engrg
Job Location: Australia-Queensland-Eight Mile Plains
Job Code: SAS20212710-71729
About L3Harris Micreo
Micreo is a Brisbane-based subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, providing design, manufacture, integration and sustainment of high-reliability Electronic Warfare components and subsystems using wideband Radio Frequency and photonic technology to detect, guide and protect in extreme operating environments. We are a trusted, sovereign design and production partner to the Australian Department of Defence and an established exporter to global defence primes.
We are conveniently located in Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane, where we have modern offices/manufacturing facilities, a friendly and dynamic team environment, adequate on-site parking and close proximity to cycle paths and public transport.
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced Software Group Lead, to join our team. Work and manage a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise.
- Programming and simulation of logic circuitry in VHDL using the development platform used inhouse
- Develop software for system-level solutions, microprocessor based circuits, including serial communications interfaces, using the development platform used by Micreo, which is Microchip PIC
- Generate and debug software in Labview (as required)
- Documentation of product design either directly or through supervision of contractors or drawing office staff as appropriate
- Perform stress analysis and reliability predictions
- Qualification testing of new products
- Selection and management of software subcontractors where required
- Work with Procurement to source and procure parts required for prototypes/production
- Ability to participate in generation of formal quotations
- Ability to deal with customers and present design details during customer reviews
- Review project schedules and meet financial and time constraints
- Participate in internal company process e.g. non-conformance reports, failure reports, etc
- Take part in manufacture and test of modules when exceptional manufacturing work load requires this
- Provide Engineering support to manufacturing as required
- Degree in Software Engineering
- 8+ years experience in Software Engineering and development
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership position
- Experience in programming and simulation of logic circuitry in VHDL using the development platform Xilinx or Altera
- Experience in developing software for microprocessor based circuits, including serial communications interfaces
- Experience in developing software in C/C++
- Experience using GIT for SCM
- Experience at writing automated tests for software
- Experience in developing ATE software using Labview
- Ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to internal and external parties
- Accuracy, thoroughness, persistence and attention to detail
- Experience with a production environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to lead small design team
- Effective delegation skills
Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance as a condition of their employment.
Candidates will only be considered for a position at L3 Harris Technologies if they are eligible to hold a security clearance and meet export control personnel eligibility requirements.
A minimum NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL ONE (NV2) security clearance is required for this position. Candidates must be an Australian citizen and have a checkable background of at least 10 years. A current NV2 security clearance is highly desirable.
Further information on security clearance eligibility requirements can be found on the AGSVA website
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be sent by applying below.
We thank all applications in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.