Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spec, Software Engrg
Job Code: SAS20210807-66372
Job Location: Eight Mile Plains (Brisbane), Australia
Join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a combined approach to software engineering and enjoy working together.
We are a company on the move and with forecasted growth of L3Harris Micreo we are now seeking to hire multiple Software Engineers who will be responsible for developing software applications and participate in the entire software development life cycle.
Candidates are required to have a good knowledge base of engineering principles, theories and techniques and a passion for relevant new technologies. We are mission focused, agile and take innovation seriously.
- Programming and simulation of logic circuitry in VHDL using the development platform used by Micreo, which is Xilinx
- Develop software for system-level solutions, microprocessor based circuits, including serial communications interfaces, using the development platform used by Micreo, which is Microchip PIC
- Generate and debug ATE software in Labview (as required)
- Documentation of product design either directly or through supervision of contractors or drawing office staff as appropriate
- Perform stress analysis and reliability predictions
- Qualification testing of new products, including EMI/EMC,etc
- Selection and management of software subcontractors where required
- Work with Procurement to source and procure parts required for prototypes/production
- Ability to participate in generation of formal quotations
- Ability to deal with customers and present design details during customer reviews
- Review project schedules and meet financial and time constraints
- Participate in internal company process e.g. non-conformance reports, failure reports, etc
- Take part in manufacture and test of modules when exceptional manufacturing work load requires this
- Provide Engineering support to manufacturing as required
- Degree in Software Engineering or similar discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in programming and simulation of logic circuitry in VHDL using the development platform Xilinx or Altera
- Experience in developing software for microprocessor based circuits, including serial communications interfaces
- Expert knowledge of Altium with regards to generating DC schematic diagrams and DC PCB layouts
- Experience in developing ATE software using Labview
- Eligible to apply and obtain RPEQ registration
- Ability to work independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance as a condition of their employment.
Candidates will only be considered for a position at L3Harris Technologies if they are eligible to hold a security clearance.
A NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL TWO (NV2) security clearance is required for this position. Candidates must be an Australian citizen and have a checkable background of at least 10 years. A current NV2 security clearance is highly desirable.
Further information on security clearance eligibility requirements can be found on the AGSVA website
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be sent by applying below.
We thank all applications in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.