Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title - RF Technician
Job Location - Brisbane, AUS
Job ID - SAS20222311-93817
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a RF Technician in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
L3Harris Micreo is a Brisbane-based subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, providing design, manufacture, integration and sustainment of high-reliability Electronic Warfare components, subsystems and systems using wideband Radio Frequency and photonic technology to detect, guide and protect in extreme operating environments.
The shifts required for this role are rotated fortnightly between early, afternoon and late. Early shift between 7.00am and 3.00pm, afternoon shift between 3:00pm and 11.00pm and late shift between 11.00pm and 7.00am.
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of RF Technician will include the following:
- Perform testing and tuning of prototype assemblies under the direction of Design Engineers
- Assist with assembly tasks as required
- Perform administrative duties with regards to testing, tuning, calibration, maintenance and repairs
- Perform minor repairs, calibration and maintenance of test, measuring and production equipment
- Adherence to instructions set out in Test and ESS documentation
- Adopt Lean Manufacturing principles within the Test and Tune department to drive cost and profitability improvements for Micreo’s products
What you’ll bring
The role of RF Technician requires the following experience and skills:
- Technical trade in electronic production including assessment of electrical components - essential
- IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 accreditation or similar - essential
- Ability to handle small and delicate parts - essential
- Experience with RF/Microwave products - advantageous
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering or Electronics
- Ability to read technical instructions and drawings
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Shift allowance
- Salary continuance insurance (This is insurance paid by the company for our employees, and protects most for up to 75% of their income in the event of injury or illness)
- Superannuation benefits
- Discounts on private health funds
- A purchased Leave Scheme (to give you more work life balance - up to 2 weeks)
- Employee Incentive Program
- Training and development opportunities
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.