Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Radio Frequency (RF) Manufacturing Technician
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Radio Rrequency (RF) Manufacturing Technician
Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane
About this opportunity and L3Harris Micreo
L3Harris Micreo is a Brisbane based subsidiary of L3Harris and part of our ICI Division. We provide design, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced electronic warfare components and subsystems using cutting edge wideband radio frequency and photonic technology. We are a trusted, sovereign design and production partner to the Australian Department of Defence and an established exporter to global defence primes.
The shifts required for this role are rotated fortnightly between early, afternoon and late. Early shift between 7.00am and 3.00pm, afternoon shift between 3:00pm and 11.00pm and late shift between 11.00pm and 7.00am.
Please note we do offer a highly competitive shift allowance.
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of Manufacturing (RF) Technician will include the following:
- Perform testing and tuning of prototype assemblies under the direction of Design Engineers
- Assist with assembly tasks as required
- Perform administrative duties with regards to testing, tuning, calibration, maintenance and repairs
- Perform minor repairs, calibration and maintenance of test, measuring and production equipment
- Adherence to instructions set out in Test and ESS documentation
- Adopt Lean Manufacturing principles within the Test and Tune department to drive cost and profitability improvements for Micreo’s products
What you’ll bring
The role of Manufacturing (RF) Technician requires the following experience and skills:
- Hold or previously held a current NV1 clearance
- Technical trade in electronic production including assessment of electrical components
- Electronic Assembly involving fine parts
- Ability to handle small and delicate parts
- Soldering experience to IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 standards or similar
- Experience with RF/Microwave products
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible annual leave (buy & sell up to 2 weeks)
- Salary continuance insurance (SCI pays 75% of your base salary and bonus for up to 2 years)
- Discounted private health insurance
- Life & Total Permanent Disability Cover
- Novated Car Leasing
- Employee Assistance Programme
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require an Australian nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.Apply Now