Lead, Sales Engineering
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title:Lead, Sales Engineering
Job Location: AUS - Queensland - Brisbane
Job Code: CS20212701-55653
The role of the Sales Solution Engineer (SSE) is to support the Sales and Business Development teammates in Asia Pacific (APAC) on technical solutioning/selling in order to become customers’ preferred solutions and capture the orders. SSE will develop system architectures integrating sub-system solutions at the early stages during the Sales Capture Cycle and continuously refine them based on customer feedback to progress the opportunities. SSE will assist with the drafting of whitepapers and responding to RFI/RFP. SSE will be the conduit between the Sales/BD Team and System/Product Engineering Teams, helping to reduce the sales cycle time through better communication and refined requirements presented to Engineering for RFI and RFP responses. For complex demonstrations SSE will also assist to develop the demo plan. Key tasks are as follows:
- Accompany Sales/BD Team to meet with customers to understand their requirements and/or problems they would like to solve.
- Turn customer ‘problems’ into opportunities by utilizing L3Harris’ breadth of products and capabilities to architect differentiated system solutions that meet customers’ needs and address their problems.
- Present solutions to the customer in the form of Power Point Presentation and/or White Paper.
- Provide informal guidance to the Sales/BD Team on the Level of Effort for these solutions to assist customer in evaluating them against budget constraints.
- Support Sales/BD Team in the qualification of these opportunities and Sales Capture Gate Process.
- Support Sales/BD Team in the development of the more complex demo plan and assist in execution.
- Work directly with System/Product Engineering Teams to translate requirements into solutions
- Regularly engage the Product Management Teams to understand new products and the product development roadmaps.
- Provide technical guidance to Sales/BD/Dealer/Customer as and when the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience
- Graduate degree with min 7 years prior related experience
- Min 3 years of system engineering expeience in defence industry and/or military services
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Communicates effectively with both technical and business people
- Strong work and business ethics
- Team player
- Proficient in English business/technical writing
- Ability to draft system architectural and block diagrams
- Ability to assess immediate issues and provide direction for resolution
- Pro-actively take ownership of situation within skill set and lead through to satisfactory resolution
- Self-starter motivated to achieve results independently with minimal guidance