Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Systems Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title - Director, Systems Engrg – Level 7
Job Location - Australia - Queensland-Brisbane
Job Code - CS20220305-81727
• Establishing and guiding the vision for the L3HCA engineering organization positioning for growth and to uphold excellence in program execution
• Leadership in the pursuit and acquisition of new business aligned to the organization’s strategic objectives; oversight to technical roadmaps and strategies.
• Systems Engineering leadership and management of existing and new programs
• Development of innovative systems solutions and architectures focused on meeting customer needs and leveraging the L3Harris product portfolio
• On-budget and on-schedule execution of programs measured through a rigorous Earned Value (EVM) process. Instill a culture of accountability and process discipline focused on meeting customer needs
• Prepare engineering cost and schedule estimates using a rigorous and cost competitive basis of estimate methodology
• Develop effective technical working relationships with customers, teammates, subcontractors and other business partners
• L3HCA engineering resource planning
• Drive productivity improvements and cost savings through L3Harris e3 excellence initiatives
• Performance management of L3HCA engineering staff
• Grow and maintain the L3HCA Engineering Management System/Process
• Career development of L3HCA engineering staff
• Training of L3HCA engineering staff for required skill sets
• Australian engineering certification requirements
• Compliance, including support for health and safety, and export / technology control
The position will require some work outside of normal business hours to maintain regular contact with engineering teams in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Electrical engineering, Communications Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent technical field and 15+ years of engineering management experience.
• Experience managing an engineering department in a Prime Systems Integrator organization
• Technical expertise in HF, V/UHF, SATCOM tactical communications and networking systems. Understanding of IP networks and radio MANET networks
• Demonstrated experience managing cost, schedule, and technical performance of complex engineering development projects involving systems, RF, network engineering and software development from inception to completion (e.g. contract negotiations, planning, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and system acceptance)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with customers and teammates
• Experience in proposal development
• Experience working within a cross-functional team environment
• Defence industry experience