Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Stress Engineer
Brighton and Hove, United KingdomJob ID SAS20233105-101474
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Stress Engineer
Job Location: Brighton and Hove, UK
Job ID: SAS20233105-101474
Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible.
At L3Harris in Brighton we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish every Friday
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Onsite snack bar
Your new role:
It is expected that the position will require the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of product engineering analysis reports for structural and pneumatic systems
- Preparation of airworthiness and safety management certification reports
- Assist in the definition and development of engineering materials and processes best practice
- Develop new predictive engineering models in support of new product development
- Develop structural engineering specifications involving metals and non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design.
- Damage tolerance, durability, design allowable and structural modelling.
- Specialties may include analysis of dynamics loads, stability, stress, fatigue, thermal and Gas System dynamics.
- Tools utilized may include Solidworks, Lab View, Matlab and a variety of software applications.
What you will bring:
- Must have experience of finite element analysis using ANSYS in the aerospace industry for structural dynamic analysis of individual parts and multi-body assemblies.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Must be able to conduct hand calculations based on strength of materials and structural mechanics theory.
- Must have demonstrable good communication skills to interact with design teams, give presentations and document analysis results in a report.Must be familiar with Microsoft office tools (Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Familiar with Mathcad and Matlab
- Minimum of a degree in an Engineering discipline
- Candidate would ideally hold professional membership of an engineering institution
- Demonstrable experience in utilising the following processes would be advantageous
- 3D Finite Element Modelling using tools such as Solidworks, Solidworks Simulation
- Linear and Non-Linear Analysis of Metallic and Non-Metallic Structures
- Fatigue Life Prediction of Structures
- Vibration Analysis – Harmonic and Random Vibration
- Articulate in the use of LabView
- Simulation using Matlab simulink and simscape
It would be expected that you would already have a proven track record of applying some or all of the following skills/knowledge:
- Identify concepts/technologies for new product developments
- Understanding materials technologies in engineering analysis
- Understanding of industry leading engineering analysis tools
- Structural Analysis of new/modified equipment to requirements.
- Detail design features and characteristics of products as assigned.
- Ability to review designs against military environmental and configuration standards.
- Ability to produce Structural Design Records for new equipment
- Test Specification writing and implementation, when necessary.
- Product test implementation and/or supervision.
- Ability to prepare Flight Certification documentation in support of deliverable products.Liaison with Operations to ensure optimum choice of production methods and materials for economic manufacture.
- Ability to liaise and brief at all levels in both L3Harris and our customer base. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Ideally 5 years in aerospace/defence engineering with relevant knowledge of defence/aerospace business and market areas
- Ideally knowledge of DAOS or EASA design signatory needs for an equivalent scope of equipment
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.