Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Project Manager
Brighton and Hove, United KingdomJob ID SAS20220704-80233
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title - Senior Project Manager
Job Location – Brighton, UK (4 days onsite per week)
Job ID – SAS20220704-80233
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Senior Project Manager in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
At L3Harris in Brighton we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to manage a broad range of activities to successfully execute programmes to achieve contracted delivery, cost and quality targets through the full programme lifecycle, from bid through to programme completion. As Programme Manager you will lead multi-functional teams through the design, development, test, qualification and production/manufacture of mission critical Defence and Aerospace products.
There will be a requirement to participate in continuous improvement activities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Project Management Office (PMO), and to contribute to the improvement of formal process and procedures for a portfolio of challenging design and development engineering programmes.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to be a key contributor to the development and continuous improvement of a highly efficient Programmes department.
What you’ll bring
The role of Senior Project Manager requires the following experience and skills:
- Substantial experience working within project management within a complex highly regulated industry managing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of managing multi-skilled teams through challenging customer requirements, whilst motivating and managing the programme team members.
- Formal relevant qualification/accreditation or equivalent project/programme management experience to highlight competency
- Knowledge of product design and development governance and qualification
- Excellent commercial skills and experience
- Evidence of excellent client and stakeholder relationships and ability to develop new ones
- Developing project plans and schedules from first principles using Microsoft Project
- A Degree or HNC in an aerospace/defence engineering discipline - highly desirable but not essential
- A working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) - desirable but not essential
- Knowledge & experience of a successful PMO bid & proposal management - desirable but not essential
- Managing project management reviews - desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in the Defence/Aerospace sector - desirable but not essential.
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- 12pm finish on a Friday
- Up to 7% pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.