Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Brighton and Hove, United KingdomJob ID SAS20230703-98082
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Project Controller
Job Location – Brighton, UK
Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible.
Job ID - SAS20230703-98082
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
At L3Harris in Brighton we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
We are looking for an experienced Project Controller to join our Programmes team in Brighton. Reporting to the Programmes Director of Release Equipment & Interface Solutions (REIS) Product Group, your primary area of responsibility will be to create and update major projects and program schedules whilst integrating across company functional groups such as finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish every Friday
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Onsite snack bar
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Perform schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects
- Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies, and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts
- Utilise Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA), Earned Value Management (EVM) and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas
- Ensure compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines
What you’ll bring
The role of Project Controller requires the following experience and skills:
- 3 years of prior relevant experience in industry managing projects and program schedules at each stage of the product lifecycle desired but demonstration of sound knowledge and application imperative
- Business / Science / Engineering degree or HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
- APMG accreditation (APMG Project Planning and Control™ (PPC), Earned Value Certification Foundational Level, Project Management foundation level or equivalent).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application, with emphasis on MS Project & Excel
- Demonstration of effective stakeholder management at all levels of business
- Defence or Engineering sector experience – preferred
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.