Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Programme Financial Accountant (hybrid)
Brighton and Hove, United KingdomJob ID SAS20220908-88321
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Programme Financial Accountant (hybrid)
Job Location – Brighton (UK) approx. 3 days a week in the office
Job ID – SAS20220908-88321
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Programme Financial Accountant in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
At L3Harris in Brighton, we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
This role reports to our Finance Director, and is responsible for supporting the financial aspects of a defined group of projects. This will include Orders, Sales, Profit, Investment forecasting, customer and internal financial reporting, revenue recognition, change implementation and earned value. This person will ensure the assigned projects are correctly monitored and reported on a monthly basis against plan.
What the role will involve
If you were to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Project financial accounting including preparation and control of a detailed project forecast, associated work package management and monthly cost analysis
- Own the month end process from a revenue recognition perspective and a small number of ad hoc reports
- Preparation of company forecast on a monthly basis and supporting the 5-year plan, reporting into the US management team.
- Own the business of defining and regularly reviewing labour and material rate structures, analysis of overheads and application at project level
- Suppoprt the implementation of Earned Value across the projects/business. Prepare and analyse monthly project financial reports and support the Programme Managers in reporting to senior management
- Ensure consistent project reporting, data collection and analysis across the defined projects
- Interface with Engineering, Program Management, Operations, Contracts / Subcontracts
- Own the preparation and submission of budgets and forecasts and support the preparation and submission of bids and estimates
- Support financial audits with internal, external, and customer auditors as required
What you’ll bring
The role of Programme Financial Accountant requires the following experience and skills:
- A strong understanding of project financials and accounting
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Good team player with the ability to form strong business partnerships with key program leaders
- Defence sector experience advantageous but not essential
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish on a Friday
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.