Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Brighton and Hove, United KingdomJob ID SAS20220208-87889
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Manufacturing Technician
Job Location – Brighton, UK
Job ID – SAS20220208-87889
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Manufacturing Technician in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities? At L3Harris, you can make a difference by joining our team in Brighton.
At L3Harris in Brighton we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
Our Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for assembly and test of electro-mechanical products. Working to defined test procedures in accordance with company drawings/specifications and ensuring product performance and quality requirements are met. They will follow planning and processes in accordance with works order route cards and complete test sheets and enter test data on a database. They will also carry out goods-in inspection of electrical components such as cables and harnesses in accordance with pre-defined inspection criteria.
What the role will involve
If you join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Carry out preliminary electrical checks such as resistance, inductance and continuity tests
- Perform linearity checks for electrical and mechanical properties
- Carry out electrical test and inspection to drawings and specifications, using appropriate equipment such as an oscilloscope, power supplies, meters, etc.
- Perform inter-stage and final tests, for example on frame scan motors, such as torque loading and adjustments by demagnetising or degaussing techniques
- Carry out electrical assembly such as solder wires, tags and components to component boards or terminals
- Build and test electro/mechanical assembly’s which include bearing fitting, measurement of shaft radial and end play, assembly and alignment of optical graticules for frame scan motors and various other precision components used on aircrafts
- Ensure appropriate test sheets and traceability documentation is accurately maintained
- Supporting and verifying first offs of electro-mechanical assemblies and inter-stage assemblies.
What you’ll bring
The role of Manufacturing Technician requires the following experience and skills:
- Previous relevant experience operating in a Manufacturing Technician type role
- Ability to understand and interpret electro-mechanical drawings.
- Ability to complete defect investigation reports (DIR’s) on repairs.
- Soldering skills to IPC610.
- Attention to detail
- Competent PC skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload appropriately with a methodical approach
- Cirris cable test programming (desirable)
- Fault finding electro-mechanical equipment including PCB’s to component level (desirable)
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- 12pm finish on a Friday
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.