Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
CNC Setter Operator (Turning)
Brighton and Hove, United KingdomJob ID SAS20220308-87978
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title - CNC Setter Operator (Turning)
Job Location - Brighton, UK
Job ID - SAS20220308-87978
Your next role
What if we could offer you the chance to work as a CNC Setter Operator (Turning) for a company that offers excellent benefits, 20% shift allowance and an opportunity to work with great people?
At L3Harris in Brighton we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
As a CNC Setter Operator (Turning), you will be responsible for setting and operating CNC Machining Centres and Turning Centres to maximise efficiency and some manual machining, including turning, grinding, lapping and honing.
The shifts required for this role are rotated fortnightly between early and late. Early shift between 6.00am and 2.00pm and late shift between 1:30pm and 10.30pm with an earlier finish of 7.30pm on Fridays.
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Setting, operating and programming of CNC machines using the programs and tooling specified
- Manual machining and hand finishing of components where necessary
- Maintaining and owning the quality of the products machined and adhering to company quality procedures
- Following and maintaining all documentation standards required
- Maintain housekeeping standards using 6S principles
- Any reasonable task as directed by M/c Supervisor or Manager
What you’ll bring
We are open to various levels of the following experience and skills:
- A broad experience in CNC and Manual machining methods
- Use of CAD/CAM in Turning and/or Multi-Task Machines
- Experience with editing CNC Machine Tool Programs
- Familiar with conventional and CMM methods of inspection
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- 20% shift allowance
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.