Director, Business Development
Bolling AFB, DC; Washington, DC; Herndon, Virginia; Dayton, Ohio;Job ID CS20212201-55449
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Business Development
Job Location: CS20212201-55449
Job Code: Herndon, VA Or Domestic L3Harris Facility
- Sr. Principal, Business Development for US Air Force and Space Force with focus on cross-sector and segment initiatives that drive growth through synergies, product expansion, and new technologies.
- This position includes five key roles:
- Lead cross-sector US Air Force and Space Force priority pursuits in support of segment financial targets.
- Identifies and qualifies new business initiatives for US Air Force and Space Force.
- Collaborates with business sectors’ P&L leadership, program management, product line management, and engineering on potential synergies to drive growth in US Air Force and Space Force.
- Provides subject matter expertise for US Air Force and Space Force campaign and pursuit initiatives that are deemed critical to business success.
- Serves as Communication Systems Segment primary customer interface with US Air Force and Space Force.
This position reports directly to Vice President of Business Development, Communication Systems.
Other roles and responsibilities include:
- Build the L3Harris brand through performance, customer focus, thought leadership, ethical business practices, and integrity - deliver on customer focused, business aligned commitments.
- Provides timely, accurate, actionable insights on US Air Force and Space Force market and budgetary trends, the global threat environment, and competitors, to support Communication Systems priority pursuits.
- Led Segment level US Air Force and Space Force Working Group and senior Segment representative in L3Harris Corporate US Air Force Working Group. Provides thought leadership to business leaders across the company.
- Evaluates business opportunities (customers/markets/products) in consideration of trends. Initial focus on US Air Force and Space Force strategic business initiatives associated with Defense modernization priorities.
- Successfully integrates business development campaigns, pursuits and opportunities with strategy planning and Annual Operating Plan (AOP) -- associated with US Air Force and Space Force customers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry partners for potential teaming opportunities to expand Communication Systems markets.
- Arrange and support strategic customer engagements with the US Air Force, Space Force, and Special Customers.
- Collaborate with Government Relations in support of Segment program priorities.
- Engage with Air Force, Space Force and OSD staff to set up office calls and meetings as required.
- Coordinate cross segment support of Tradeshows as required.
- Must have an active Top-Secret clearance with SCI (or is SCI eligible) with ability to maintain.
- Willingness to travel to L3Harris businesses across the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Extensive US Air Force experience.
- Minimum 10 years of business-related experience in strategy, business development, or sales with a focus in US Air Force and Space programs. Background and broad understanding of ABMS and JADC2.
- 10 years experience Extensive background and work associated with the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office
- 10 years of Strong project management experience and skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple.
- High level of business/financial acumen; global business acumen in communications and/or relevant technology markets with broad knowledge of changing global markets.
- Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis, communicates results effectively, and work with business partners in developing and implementing new methodologies and analysis to drive actionable results.
- Strong executive presence as well as the ability to effectively influence and make recommendations at all levels of the organization.
- Desired background in communication technology, networks, tactical radios, airborne and space data links, ISR, and SATCOM.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.