Business Development Lead - Air Force
Bolling AFB, DC; Washington, DC; Arlington, Virginia; Waco, Texas; Robins Air Force Base, GeorgiaJob ID IMS20211504-59802
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Business Development Lead - Air Force
Job Location: Robbins AFB, GA / Washington, D.C./ Waco, TX
Job ID: BDP5
L3Harris is actively seeking for a Business Development Lead for our facility in Robbins AFB, GA,Waco, TX or Washington, D.C area for a direct hire opportunity. We do offer competitive benefits with a generous relocation package. The Business Development Lead for maritime aviation Modernization, Missionization, and MRO. Lead's primary focus will support US Air Force aviation programs and market place.
A successful candidate is responsible for developing business in the air force marketplace. An idea person needs to be very connected to current C-130 operations at Warner Robins with CDM, AMP, and other AF 130 efforts. A individual tied into the Logistics and Sustainment.
Individual will establish and maintain customer relationship, identify and shape pursuits, aide in developing capture strategy, and provide effective internal and external communications regarding pursuits. Candidate will act as company representative with customer interactions in meetings, industry days, and trade shows.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Responsible for establishing strategic business development initiatives that drive business growth through product expansion, new technologies or services, follow-on products or industries, partnerships, and alliances.
- Develops and/or manages positive ongoing relationships between the organization and customers in strategic markets by cultivating relationships with key individuals at government agencies/target companies.
- Conducts research and analysis to identify opportunities for business or program expansion based on future plans and needs of assigned agencies/accounts/lines of business; develops new, follow-on & licensing opportunities.
- Manages revenue goals for the given account/client.
- Works with program management, marketing, sales and technology groups to propose solutions and implement business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Provides regular updates to senior sales/operations staff concerning account issues, financial status, etc.
- Some sales cycles may be very long and involve broad high-priced systems requiring Executive approval from the Customer and the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.