Project Engineer Lead
Binghamton, New YorkJob ID AS20210902-56376
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Project Engineer
Job Code: AS20210902-56376
Job Location: Binghamton, New York
The Project Engineer (PE) leads, coordinates, and exercises technical program execution authority over Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) for planning, organizing, controlling, integration, execution of, and close out of engineering content on a variety of flight simulator programs.The position will work closely with senior level program engineering management.
- The PE performs as the technical lead over the assigned engineering team on a program to include leading/participating in program peer, gate, and design reviews, supporting program management reviews (PMRs), and coordinating technical activity amongst the program IPTs.
- The PE performs weekly/monthly Cost Account Management (CAM) reviews with IPTs and is responsible for technical, cost, and schedule performance for the engineering content on a program.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts.
- The PE receives engineering direction from and is accountable to a Program Engineering Manager (PEM), who has overall Program Engineering responsibility for successfully proposing, developing and delivering Product Line solutions.
- Responsible for improving upon existing processes or establishing new systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, including championing new concepts or technologies
- Recommends tactics and strategies that will directly impact the achievement of overall business or functional results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences
- Minimum nine years plus of prior technical, project experience with both Traditional and Agile Program Execution methods working as a leader, developer, or technologist.
- Active Secret DOD security clearance with last update within 6 years.
- 3+ years’ experience with Clearcase, Clearquest, DOORs, and Earned Value Management (EVM)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced Master’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Two plus years of experience within the Modeling and Simulation industry.
- Two plus years of experience performing as primary technical interface with DOD customers.
- Two plus years of experience working with Business Development to cultivate follow-on work and new program opportunities.
- One plus years of experience with DevSecOps practices and popular tool sets for management, automation, and deployment (Atlassian,Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, or others)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.