Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Field Engineering Specialist
Bangor Trident Base, WashingtonJob ID IMS20220305-81712
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Field Engineering Specialist
Req #: IMS20220305-81712
Job Location: Silverdale, WA (Naval Submarine Base)
The Field Engineering Specialist will provide technical representation to the Trident Refit Facility (TRF) supporting the installation, grooming, operation, maintenance, and modification of complex electronic systems installed on land and sea-based platforms. Systems include Data Recording, RF Instrumentation, System Interfaces and Software Operating Systems.
- Responsible for projects and processes within the Bangor group, providing operational maintenance of deployed electronic data recording systems, assessment, testing, and support of TRF civilian employees.
- Support operational Navy testing events as a watch stander at various land and sea-based locations supporting data collection and flight test safety.
- Responsible to make short-notice independent assessments and decisions for technical areas of responsibility during critical and time-sensitive testing.
- Communicate within Integrated Test Solutions, as well as provide coordination with external supporting contractors and Navy customers.
- Guiding, coaching, and training other employees on areas of responsibility for project execution.
- Support of electronics systems includes general analysis, problem solving, procedure/process development, and innovations.
- Requires supporting various tasking at the home location when not on travel, to include inventory control, production builds, repairs, systems grooming, on-the-job training, mentoring others, maintaining logbooks, filing reports, and other tasking as assigned.
- Willing and able to embark on surface and subsurface vessels at sea as required
- Occasionally requires near and long-distance travel to provide contracted services on a varying schedule. Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time as required.
- Willing and able to climb and work on elevated platforms
- Willingness to support occasional weekend work for customer support
- Requires an Active Department of Defense Security Clearance. (Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret Security clearance)
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. (Other relevant education/experience in SSBN or Strategic Weapons Systems may be considered in place of the above education requirements).
- Networking skills (Cisco Certification desired).
- Experience using analog and digital test equipment to troubleshoot, test and/or validate complex electronic systems.
- Use of RF/satellite communications/data recording systems
- Electronic troubleshooting and repair with quality assurance workmanship skills.
- General analysis, problem solving, and innovation in assigned area of responsibility.
- Review, follow, and provide recommended improvements to documented procedures.
- Microsoft Office Experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience coordinating within a group and with external customers on areas of project responsibility.
- IPC-610/620 and J-STD certifications
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.