Senior Specialist, Project Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Project Engineering
Job ID: CS20202703-43668
L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Senior Specialist, Project Engineer for Bahrain program location as a Field Assignment for nominally 1 year. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together. The Sr Specialist PE is responsible for schedule execution and partnering with functional engineering managers to ensure proper identification and deployment of engineering resources required for program execution. The PE will execute programs within the Communications Segment in Bahrain. The PE role will have visibility and interface with executive leadership for program briefings.
Note: Upon successful completion of this role there would be opportunities for similar remote work or work in our Palm Bay, FL location.
• Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner.
• Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, and quality as the product(s) move to completion and distribution.
• Planning and management of the products / projects on schedule and within budget constraints.
• Monitors the product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance.
• Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
• Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
• Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
• Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project schedules.
• Uses Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports to manage project performance.
• Successful startup, including staffing, robust mitigation plans and establishment of the technical baseline and change management process
• Establishment and execution of detailed integrated master schedules
• Review of earned value metrics such as CPI, SPI, TCPI, and ETC to drive program focus
• Driving a culture of continuous improvement as evidenced by executed improvement projects
• Employee engagement
• Maintaining forecasted demand signal on resource needs and partnering with the EMs, talent acquisition and supply chain on development of plans for accomplishing the engineering work
• 6+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree.
• Experience with executing throughout the project lifecycle including requirements flow down and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment