Ayer, MassachusettsJob ID AS20201612-54342
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Welder II
Job Code: AS20201612-54342
Job Location: Ayer, MA
- Installs and adjusts fixtures, tools and equipment as requested.
- Performs hand welding on various product surfaces including horizontal and vertical.
- Removes completed unit from welding fixture and removes excess weld materials/scales from hand held wire brush, pick, or file.
- Checks welds for cracks, separating improper fits, and broken parts. Performs repairs as necessary within limits of ability.
- Stacks finished pieces for routing to next work area; performs grinding and filing.
- Detects and reports improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Organizes and maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- As work schedules dictate, has the ability to set-up and operate drilling machines, sandblast and primer machines and perform various duties to prepare and fabricate structural components.
- Must have a working knowledge of such machine tools as radial drill, router, cut-off-saw, multi-head drill press, air powered hand drill, jigs and fixtures.
- Performs duties required to plan, layout, cut, form and develop sheet metal parts for production and prototype products.
- Works from drawings, sketches, written and verbal instructions, generally to scale dimensions and tolerances.
- Reviews task requirements and plan sequence of operation. Use TIG or Heliarc Welding techniques and methods. Occasionally performs brazing operations on piece parts.
- Uses a variety of equipment and tools such as; brakes, shears, roller, power punch press, notchers, riveter, micrometers, TIG and Heliarc welders, jigs and fixtures.
- May be required to design and fabricate special jigs and fixtures to aid production.
- High School graduate with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Technical Degree preferred.
- Ability to read drawings and operate power and hand tools preferred.
- Communicates clearly.
- Keep work area organized and clean daily.
- Understand and log supporting documentation.
- Display maturity and commitment along with a positive attitude.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.