Sr. Systems Engineer
Ayer, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20210903-57759
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Systems Engineering
Job Code: SYP4
Job Location: Ayer, MA
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers.
This position has technical and commercial project responsibility for leading design concepts, architecture and specification compliance. These responsibilities may include; technical compliance, customer interface, proposal writing, supplier and manufacturing support, and leading small design teams as required
- Lead engineering system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing
- Decipher and segregate project requirements into a design specifications incorporating required military specifications, IEEE 45, ABS Regulations, Coast Guard Regulations, etc
- Head up activities with various technical disciplines including: software development, electrical design and mechanical design efforts as well as system test and evaluation.
- Interface with management, customers and end users for the duration of assigned project(s) to insure all needed deliverables are completed as required and all needed support i.e. meetings, reviews and other program events are facilitated.
- Develop other business opportunities through interface with industry and the technical and program offices of our customer base (PMS 320, PMS 450, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance
- Provide technical support to the Manufacturing Floor during first article fabrication, engineering change incorporation and replacement of obsolete components
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- 6+ years related experience in the aerospace and defense industry with knowledge of US Navy ship systems design and operation and systems similar to L-3 Maritime systems products preferred.
- Prior experience with Systems Engineering disciplines and protocols. Ability to conceptualize, architect, design and specify complex control and communications systems.
- Experience with design of shipboard power generation, integrated power and propulsion, electric distribution, auxiliary system, propulsion, control and monitoring design.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®). Working knowledge of project management systems and Autocad Electrical. Familiarity and working knowledge of cost based accounting systems
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Clearance if desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.