Sr. Quality Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Quality Engineer
Job Code: AS20202907-48481
Job Location: Ayer, MA
The Sr. Quality Engineer position provides Quality and Manufacturing Engineering support to various programs, product lines and production process areas; primarily in Airborne products. The Sr. QE’s responsibilities support objectives for customer advocacy, regulatory compliance and competitiveness. The role interfaces regularly with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, and Customers to ensure that the Quality Management System and contractually defined quality requirements are understood, properly documented, flowed down, and implemented. Experience with Airborne Customer Documentation requirements and FAA Certification projects required. These would include, but not limited to:
- Interface with the MIDO, preferably experience working in a Part 145 Repair Station.
- Interface with DER’s, DAR’s, or ODA.
- Qualification, Reliability and FMEA plans/processes.
- Experience with new product development
- Facility requirements
- Equipment requirements
- Written procedures related to facilities, equipment, cleanliness, FOD control.
- Provides liaison activities with customers, DER’s, DAR’s, MIDO and/or MIDO and suppliers on all program activities.
- Support Engineering and Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system. Implement Continuous Improvement (CI) initatives as required. Responsible to author and publish QMS Operating policies as required.
- Participate in support for subcontractors to confirm compliance to quality requirements
- Collect, analyze and disseminate trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing yields, supplier history for participation in process improvement efforts. May chair these efforts.
- Conduct thorough root cause and corrective action analyses.
- Initiate corrective/preventive action, investigation, and follow-up of adverse quality findings.
- Perform design review activities including inspect ability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers.
- Develops in process and final product requirements, sampling plans, standards, testing methods, instructions and recording documents.
- Design and conduct process capabilities and stability studies.
- Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or equivalent discipline), from four-year college or university and a minimum five years related experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, DOE, ANOVA, CMM (Faro Arm), NDI.
- Understanding of mechanical/ electrical engineering and systems integration.
- Knowledge of government and industry specs, standards, and regulations and their applicability to complex systems.
- Understanding of AS9100D requirements.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Access™), Strong analytical and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security level clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.