Software Engineer (50/50 REMOTE)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer (C++, VxWorks) for our Ayer, MA location.
**This position is currently being offered as a 50/50 remote schedule. Candidates will need to be located in Ayer, MA or surrounding area.
- Familiarity with the following software tools: C++, Java, Perl, Ant, Python, Linux, VxWorks, Windows, Subversion, Confluence, JIRA, RTI DDS
- Participate in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing.
- Full software lifecycle application development, use of waterfall, spiral or agile methods.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Front end graphical user interface design.
- Software testing and quality assurance.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Integrate software with new and existing systems.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Maintain standards compliance.
- Works well individually or in a group setting.
- Effectively works well with other employees.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Possess a positive attitude with ability to "think outside the box"
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, Expected to learn new technologies very quickly as they emerge and resolve problems.
- Good knowledge of security and encryption.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Must have prior software development work experience with C++ and VxWorks, preferably with ship systems design and operation.
- Customer site field experience
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
Candidates that apply may be considered and/or hired at an appropriate level based on skill set
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.