Senior Manager, Operations
Ayer, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20211304-59655
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Operations Manager is responsible for strategic and daily execution of the Operations function, including manufacturing, facilities, quality, continuous improvement and EH&S for all programs within the business. This individual will report to the C5 Systems’ Operations Division leader and will provide dotted line support to the Ayer and Somerville Site Managers. This position will provide support to several different projects by managing the Operations teams at both locations.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing a team that is overseeing Manufacturing, Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), Facilities, Quality and Continuous Improvement at the Ayer, MA and Somerville, MA facilities. The Operations Manager will ensure the integrity of L3Harris work products. This will include creating, maintaining, following, and enforcing quality and safety processes at L3Harris Ayer and Somerville locations. Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead multi-disciplinary operation in production, quality, continuous improvement, facilities and EH&S.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet cost, quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, EH&S, and continuous improvement commitments.
- Develop a world-class Operations team through staffing, training, and talent management initiatives while serving as a role model for integrity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Drive employee engagement through:
- Leader of standard work
- Factory Gemba walk process
- Quality improvements and zero-defect strategies
- Comprehensive, proactive safety initiatives
- Lean deployment
- Mistake Proofing / Poka Yoke
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Maintain responsibility for succession planning, organizational and talent development.
- Facilitate Manufacturing and Quality participation in design development to identify and address manufacturability, testability and inspectability issues.
- Collaborate with Program Management, Supply Chain, and other functional organizations across the Ayer and Somerville sites.
- Lead the organization in the development and implementation of operating philosophies and business strategies.
- Develop, implement and sustain success metrics, incorporating best practices, and effectively communicating improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 12 years prior related experience or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience; including knowledge and understanding of manufacturing methods, lean methodology, production planning, quality management systems.
- DoD experience.
- 6 Sigma Green/Black Belt.
- Experience with (or understanding) of Earned Value Management (EVM) and its principles.
- Experience in Material Planning and knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience managing production programs involving the build, integration and test of electronic and/or electromechanical systems.
- Experience developing proposal inputs.
- Strong experience implementing a metric driven approach across all Operations functions
- Fundamental knowledge in EH&S to drive zero injury plans with a proactive approach.
- Experience in leading a cross functional team or previous supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and mentoring ability
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- An effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.