Manager, Quality Management
Ayer, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20211204-59528
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Quality Managment
Job Code: QMM5
Location: Ayer, MA
Leads and directs experienced professionals, managers or lower level supervisors. Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches. Makes improvements in processes, systems, or products. Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results. Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within professional discipline.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, leadership, and measurement of total quality management programs and Six Sigma initiatives while maintaining profitability of the corporation.
- QA leadership for multiple sites (Ayer, MA, Herndon, VA, Somerville, MA)
- Serve as the primary interface to customers and supplier for quality related matters.
- Lead projects, provides training, logistical and infrastructural assistance for quality initiatives.
- Direct and coordinate department activities to assist in successful completion of department projects and achieving goals of the corporation.
- Ensure internal, customer, regulatory and 3rd party requirements are defined, measured, and continuously improved. Ensure the continuation of ISO9001 Quality Management System and CMMI certification is maintained.
- Drive early cross functional engagement initiatives to ensure quality is built into the design and processes.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Responsible for the identification and documentation of quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems based on implementation of inspection planning, testing and evaluation standards, methods, and procedures to verify product reliability, repeatability and reproducibility.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of company products in compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Perform analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, field and clinical data.
- Lead material review board and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
- Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
- Provide leadership for Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Lead 8D problem solving (RCCA) and corrective action system.
- Lead the preparation and execution of internal audits within established manufacturing and production controls to ensure compliance with internal and external specifications and standards.
- Liaise with auditing groups and inspectors to develop formal written reports and recommend corrective actions.
- Identify trends in discrepancies and collaborates with process owners on the refinement and optimization of business processes.
- Develop budget, monitor expenditures.
- Leads, mentors and assists in preparing quality cost estimates for proposals including estimates for special facilities, services and techniques required for performance of the proposed programs. Leads, supports and mentors quality engineering CAM roles and responsibilities.
- Create a cooperative relationship with suppliers to provide us with quality products without a negative impact on cost.
- Participate in supplier corrective and preventative actions including: customer escapes, process nonconformities, supplier corrective actions, customer and change control, and material review board meetings.
- Provide guidance and training for department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience. Degree in an Engineering related discipline or Management. Master’s in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years prior related experience and extensive knowledge of AS9100 / ISO9001 qualifications.
- Working familiarity and knowledge of NADCAP and CMMi
- Experience in the electro-mechanical manufacturing industry preferred.
- Proven problem-solving experience.
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing a team of quality professionals, including team members that are working remotely.
- Typically has comprehensive knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline and may have broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and requirements for a Government customer base.
- Have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, peers and other employees relative to quality and technical issues.
- Have the ability to make decisions in a timely manner and capable of assessing the risks that may result from the decisions being made. Capable of working independently and dynamically with minimum oversight with multiple and/or changing priorities.
- Hands on working knowledge of all software applications required for all general office needs and specific quality measurement tools.
- Have sufficient financial background to perform, lead and mentor Cost Account Management (CAM) activity within the team.
- Must be able to identify nonconformances and apply prevention utilizing Green/Black Belt techniques such as DMAIC, FMEA, etc. and apply Lean techniques such as Standard Work and Value Stream Mapping
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to make every customer feel as though they individually are our most important customer.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.