Ayer, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20211404-59744
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Commodity Buyer / Procurement Specialist
Job Location: Ayer, MA
The Procurement Specialist has direct hands-on and management responsibility for accurate and timely purchasing and planning of a category of commodity materials. The Procurement Specialist is an expert at managing demand for materials needed to meet Production commitments of Quality and On Time Delivery. Daily responsibilities include executing best practices for timely purchase order (PO) placement, estimating material costs & lead time for customer quote bids, and maintenance of outstanding supplier PO commitments. Measures of success for performance include meeting demand for material & estimates with a low backlog of outstanding PO & quote lines, Customer OTD, and efficiency metrics managing Supplier POs (e.g. cost, lead time, quoting, delivery, quality, RMAs, etc.). The Procurement Specialist is responsible to identify and take actions on solutions to procurement issues that include supplier performance, supplier selection, obsolescence, data/specification/documentation completeness, and other causes of delay.
- Must be the Maritime Systems expert in managing any assigned material commodities (e.g. PCB/electronics, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.)
- Analyze, manage, and implement actions relating to material requirements that ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials and services for Production using MRP, Pull Indicators (e.g. kanban, min/max, manifests, etc) and New Product Introduction project plans.
- Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks to material procurement commitments. Work with an emphasis to not allow a Maritime Systems customer order to go late.
- Lead commodity planning with Sales, Marketing, and Production in meeting customers’ needs (guaranteed Promise Dates), minimizing Production (WIP) delays, and ensuring supplier quality.
- Identify and obtain Engineering and other documentation essential to meet Production schedule and customer OTD requirements.
- Manage obsolescence so that commitments to Maritime Systems customers are not at risk.
- Expeditiously maintain and execute RMA process for designated part numbers.
- Expeditiously quote parts, services, and delivery options as required.
- Create and maintain all reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed to monitor purchasing activity levels, support build schedules, and maintain replenishment systems.
- Work and plan to eliminate commodity material shortages and work order delays through direct involvement with Production resources, Suppliers, and Project personnel.
- Identify, plan, communicate, and implement continuous improvement opportunities that eliminate waste, delay, and data inaccuracies.
- BA/BS with a minimum of 4-6 years of commodity material management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with material & supplier quantitative performance reporting responsibility to management.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with ERP/MRP demand & forecast systems and demonstrated continuous use and mastery of these systems.
- Must have excellent MS Excel skills and demonstrated experience with timely spreadsheet analysis.
- Demonstrated Leadership ability.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement lead and problem solver.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations (beyond daily work requirements).
- Exceptional interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
- Must be available to travel.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CPM or APICS certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.