Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Atlanta, Georgia; Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20222206-84920
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20222206-84920
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
We seek an experienced program management practitioner for the role of Program Manager. This role will be responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and close out of assigned proposals, development, and production programs. The role will support military aerospace business segments with customers spanning domestic and international locations. This position will be responsible for the achievement of customer and internal business case objectives by working across all enterprise functions to formulate both strategic vision and tactical direction for the assigned projects.
• Manage the overall customer and business case performance of the program portfolio with responsibility and accountability for success to time, cost and quality constraints. The program portfolio contains a variety of strategic imperatives spanning the complete program life cycle, from business case and proposal development through product sustainment and customer support
• Lead the IPTs through business case formulation in the pursuit phases of programs for development and production opportunities. Work with IPT to participate in strategy formation and transform objectives into cross functional proposals/execution plans
• Lead the IPTs to create enterprise wide program plans from which cross functional execution plans are developed
• Responsible for ensuring all development programs are adequately planned at a business and functional level to deliver on business case and customer contract objectives
• Knowledge of core planning elements such as requirements planning, deliverables definition, milestone definition, risk management, resource management, and critical path scheduling are key
• Lead the IPTs through the monitoring and control phase of program execution using robust management operating systems and integrated cross functional teaming approaches
• Responsible for ensuring scope, schedule, and cost baseline change controls
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management techniques and reporting are key
• Develop, maintain, and manage internal performance scorecards for development and production programs
• Lead IPT through the new product introduction phase of programs to ensure successful transition to production and customer services
• Utilize a gated control and approval process for the product life-cycle
• Responsible for customer scorecard performance and the associated internal performance measures
• Work across the functions to identify and plan activities required to continuously improve upon performance variances from business case objectives
• Manage through the IPT all “go to green” efforts on scorecard variances
• Provide leadership in the creation and maintenance of robust Customer and Subcontractor relationships
• Partner with Business Development, Sales, and Marketing functions to nurture productive relations, collect the appropriate market and customer intelligence and formulate strategies in pursuit, sales and marketing campaigns
• Lead and facilitate customer interfacing on development and production/sustainment programs
• Bachelor Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience; Or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Demonstrated leadership capability and the ability to affect organizational change in challenging environments
• Must be adept at achieving results through multiple organizational functions without direct authority and through influence and negotiation
• A demonstrated capability to think strategically and execute tactically
• The successful candidate must be an integrative thinker with a strong foundation in data driven problem solving
• A demonstrated depth and breadth in business acumen across the major functional disciplines including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Marketing, and Sales
• Program management practitioner experienced in leading through expert planning, baseline control, metrics, and analytics
• Demonstrated ability to create management operating systems
• Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organization
• Must be skilled in building customer and subcontractor relationships while balancing strategic objectives
• Formal and informal negotiation experience required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.