Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Program Finance - Pricing Analyst
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID IMS20220310-91379
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Program Finance - Pricing Analyst
Job Code: IMS20220310-91379
Job Location: Ashburn, VA; Hybrid
As a Pricing and Financial Analyst, you will support programs in our Advanced Systems & Technologies Division. Primary job responsibility is to lead/own proposal development and delivery in the Unmanned Systems (US) and Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems (TUAS) business areas. You will be responsible for all aspects of Program Finance for a set of contracts. This position performs analyses related to programs including profitability, cash flow and quarterly EACs. Responsibility also includes development and distribution of all financial reports to stakeholders for their programs. You are expected understand internal customer requirements and provide useful, timely data to assist in the financial and proposal processes. This role requires quick, critical, and detailed thinking.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Serve as the proposal and cost/price analysis lead for Unmanned Systems (US) and Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems (TUAS) business areas, responsible for understanding Request for Proposals (RFP), Statements of Work (SOW) and customer requirements for compliant cost volumes.
- Plan and oversee the overall proposal delivery schedule from RFP through delivery (includes reviews).
- Conduct or support the Proposal Manager in Proposal Kickoff or status meetings.
- Train and interface with BOE developers (engineers, functional managers and integrated product team members) to develop thorough and accurate cost estimates through bottoms-up/top-down basis of estimate preparation and evaluation.
- Ensure timely receipt and integration of all BOE inputs into master pricing template.
- Maintain pricing template change control (reintegrating changes required by CAMs, PMs and/or reviewers from proposal kickoff through proposal submittal).
- Initiate and implement template or tool improvements
- Responsible for price volume (word doc) versus pricing template (.xls) cross checking so reviewers can focus on the content of a BOE as opposed to whether the word doc matches what is in the pricing template.
- Coordinate and implement direct and indirect rate changes in pricing tools per Finance’s direction.
- Support program teams transition from the proposal phase into program execution post contract award.
- Maintain proposal file to support fact-finding or negotiations to ensure a smooth transition into a program plan. Key contributor in the support of government/customer fact finding.
- Ensure adherence to Company, FAR, TINA and CAS requirements.
- Support the division in the development of cost and price analysis tools, processes, procedures and systems. Evaluate other pricing tools as required.
- Partner with Program Management Office and manage all financial actions for their set of programs, including tracking cash flow, financial planning and analyzing, and proposing corrective actions as appropriate
- Ensure financials for Program Management Reviews (PMR) are accurate and complete
- Prepare business area financial summary for Program Management Reviews (PMR)
- Provide Short-Term Forecast (STF) and Estimate at Completion (EAC) for their programs
- Identify and develop process improvements to streamline reporting and improve efficiency.
- Ability to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD clearance with current 6-year update
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced Excel Skills, proficiency in other Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- ProPricer, Deltek Costpoint, and Cobra experience
- Earned Value Experience
- Minimum of 4 years in Finance/Pricing/Proposal Support
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.