Sr. Contracts Specialist (Security Clearance Required)
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID AS20211902-56887
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Contracts Specialist
Location: Ashburn, VA
As a Sr. Contracts Specialist, you will perform cradle-to-grave contracts management for federal and commercial contracts. Assist in the Management of the company’s customer interface and administrative activities related to obtaining and executing prime and subcontracts for delivery of products and services. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Assisting in proposing and negotiating contracts for the company’s products and services in prime and subcontracting environments.
- Ensuring compliance with federal procurement regulatory requirements and providing the primary customer interface on related issues.
- Advising management on business decisions from a contractual perspective and facilitating customer interface regarding contract performance matters.
- Providing in-house guidance and training on federal procurement regulatory matters to Program Managers, Division staff, and other stakeholders.
- Negotiating terms and conditions with both government and commercial customers.
- Acting as the primary company interface with customer contracting officers and procurement agents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required.
- B.S. or B.A. in Business or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a federal contract management environment involving Cost Reimbursable, Time & Material, and Firm Fixed Price contracting.
- Solid understanding of FAR and DFARs contracting and subcontracting regulatory guidance. Able to provide guidance to others to ensure compliance in the proposal, negotiation, administration and other contract related activities.
- Negotiating terms and conditions with both the government and prime contractors for various contract types.
- Experience working with the DCMA, DCAA and other federal agencies.
- Experience with intellectual property and data rights.
- Self-motivating and able to manage multiple contracts with little assistance from others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to travel 10%.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Professional Contracting Certifications.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.