Sr Assoc, Electrical Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Electrical Engineer 2
At L3HARRIS AS&T, this role will be responsible for assigned tasks across a broad range of electrical engineering disciplines including the design, test and integration of CCAs containing analog, digital, power and high-speed circuits, along with supporting cables and wiring harnesses all targeting advanced tactical weapon platforms, sensors, and avionics.
Under the supervision of a senior engineer, perform design tasks such as requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, circuit simulation, schematic capture, and board layout.
- Directed assignments for simulation, bread-boarding and testing electrical circuits and functions
- Develop and implement test plans and procedures for electrical subsystems
- Perform and report results of test and evaluation of electrical CCAs
- Present results in internal & external design reviews
- Learn and follow company processes for product development, configuration management, purchasing, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
Required Skills and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related electrical engineering discipline or Engineering internship or Co-Op experience with Masters.
- Ability to learn ECAD toolsets.
- Knowledge of basic circuit design practices.
- Exposure to circuit card test equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering desired.
- Matlab or other programming language.
- Lab skills and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
- Must be willing to work on a team to support overall program goals.
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.