Quality Inspector C
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID AS20210303-57529
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Inspector C
Position: req #AS20210303-57529
Location: Ashburn, VA
As a Quality Inspector C, you will be responsible for in-process and incoming inspection of composite parts and machined parts; in-process inspection of product in flow; and final inspection of completed products and documentation to verify conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, and other L3Harris requirements.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Provides detailed in-process and incoming inspections on flight vehicle composite components, machined parts, and assemblies using detailed drawings and established processes to verify conformance to manufacturing and design requirements.
- Inspects machined parts, composite parts, and assemblies for dimensional accuracy, using precision measuring instruments, templates, jigs, and fixtures.
- Visually inspects composite parts and assemblies for voids, porosity, de-laminations, and other physical characteristics.
- Examines products for compliance to workmanship standards and proper installation of correct components, hardware, and wiring. Documents production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required.
- Collaborates with quality engineers in developing inspection requirements and techniques and in implementing quality plans.
- Reviews new or modified drawings and/or work instructions for compliance to quality standards and recommends changes as required.
- Assists in evaluating defect data to identify trends and collaborates with quality engineers to make recommendations on process improvements.
- Verifies that final inspections and data packages for product shipments are complete.
- Performs data entry and maintains records for inspections, non-conformances, and reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Minimum 6 years in a high-tech development or production manufacturing environment or 2 years’ experience with an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline.
- Good interpersonal and teaming skills
- The ability to work independently and with little direction
- Fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards
- Experience and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to obtain and maintain DoD clearance and additional clearances as required
- Experience inspecting composite parts and assemblies highly desired.
- Experience in defense/government program Quality Assurance and manufacturing
- Past inspection of military or aerospace products experience
- CMM experience/Romer Arm operation experience
- ANSI Y14.5 GD&T experience
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.