Principal, Program Management
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Principal, Program Management
Location: Ashburn, VA
As a Principal, Program Management, you will communicate, organize, plan, and control one or more project, program, and/or proposal team; they are the primary customer contact, voice of the customer, responsible and accountable for the program(s) quality, cost, schedule and performance.
This position is an integral part of the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV) technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for one or more development programs (>$25M but <$50M) or production programs (>$50M to <$100M), or will lead a portion of a larger program for a senior program manager or program director. All programs involve the technology development, engineering / manufacturing development (EMD), or production phase of a defense electronics product.
- Artifacts created reviewed and maintained include: Manpower Plans
- Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL)
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- WBS dictionaries
- Organization Breakdown Structures (OBS)
- Baselined Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Control Account Plans (CAP)
- Work Authorization Documents (WAD)
- Baseline Change Requests (BCR)
- Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) presentations
- Program Management Review (PMR) presentations
- Estimate at Complete (EAC) documentation
- Risk, Issues/Opportunity Registers
- Manpower Plans
- Manage all aspects of the program to include cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Work synergistically with the program Chief Engineer for the success of the program.
- Ensure aspects of the program such as risk management, configuration management, property management, subcontract management, security, and contracts are executed in accordance with contractual/purchase order and Mustang requirements.
- Ensure delivery of contractual/purchase order items such as CDRLs/SDRLs.
- Work with company functional leaders to plan, staff and tool the program.
- Primary interface to the customer on behalf of the program.
- Present management data and metrics at program meetings and customer reviews.
- Deliver Program Management Review/Estimate at Complete (EAC) presentations to company management.
- Lead proposal generation for the program.
- Support development and execution of new business strategy for the program(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- BA or BS, preferably a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in the development or production of defense electronics products.
- A minimum of 10 years of recent Program Management experience, specifically managing development or production of defense electronics products, specifically including EVMS Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities.
- Extensive skills, knowledge and experience required for all areas relating to technical program management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project.
- Proficient with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) techniques.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 25%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Technical experience in development, testing, and production of RF systems or radar.
- MBA, MS or equivalent
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.