Microsoft Project Scheduler
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID AS20210703-57676
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Program Scheduler
Location: Ashburn, VA
Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines. May lead or participate in scheduling status reviews.
- Develop Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for new or existing development programs from Proposed Integrated Master Plan (IMP), which satisfy company and customer reporting requirements for program status. Assist in the development and status of reporting critical path networks.
- Maintain schedules, perform Risk Analysis, identify and resolve critical path issues and network logic conflicts
- Maintain cost and schedule integration
- Identify potential risk areas, formulate and recommend corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, funding re-alignment, work requirements, resource re-alignment
- Interface with all functions at all levels in creation and maintenance of schedule data including presentation of schedule activity status, and gathering of status in meeting with all functional levels.
- Analyzes program schedule status (resources, schedule duration, activity constraints, relationships of activities, critical path)
- Analyze historical program performance data to develop schedule and cost estimates in support of responses to proposal requests.
- Assist in the creation and development of proposal schedules, and in negotiations, audits, and fact-finding.
- Participates or contributes to process/quality improvement teams or initiatives. Identifies and recommends improvements to processes, practices, or materials which lead to positive results in quality and efficiencies.Supports or implements performance driven changes in processes and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly Internal Program Reviews and required US Government reports.
- Partner with Program Managers, Control Account Managers, and customers to drive results and offer solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in scheduling using MS Project Professional in a production or development (NRE) environment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Resource loading Schedules
- Minimum of 2 years of Earned Value Management Experience
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Monte Carlos Analysis (SRA), 14 point Metrics, Cost & Schedule Integration
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5 year update
- Ability to analyze and present project-level reports, presentations, and deliverables that reflect risk and status to program management and senior management relating to the IMS
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Finance, Engineering, or Business Administration required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.