Lead, Systems Integration Engineer
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID AS20211404-59723
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Ashburn, VA
As a Lead Systems Integration Engineer supporting our Unmanned Systems, you will lead requirements development, component trade studies, system design, system integration, and design verification testing while working closely with the Program Chief Engineer who is responsible for the project’s technical solution.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV) and other sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Lead hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- This position will lead system specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management
- This position will be responsible for development of concepts of employment, uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts.
- This position will be responsible for leading integration from sub-systems to systems of systems and the associated design verification testing, which includes integration and test planning.
- This position will lead test and support equipment design, fabrication, and operation
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI
- Bachelor’s degree in in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in requirements development, design, implementation, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems.
- System level design experience in which the applicant has led or been significantly involved in the design and integration of complex hardware/software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- Hands on experience leading system integration and design verification testing
- Experience leading a technical team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 10%; support field testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Degree or relevant coursework in Systems Engineering
- Experience with and an understanding of aerospace systems, especially in the development of integrated hardware/software products
- Experience in unmanned systems
- Experience with LabView
- Experience with Matlab
- Working knowledge of military specifications and standards
- Experience with test and support equipment design
- Experience in development of use cases developed from customer objectives and concepts of operations
- Experience in control account management
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.