Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Inventory Management Support B
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID IMS20222804-81475
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Inventory Control Specialist B
Job ID: IMS20222804-81475
Job Location: Ashburn, VA
As an Inventory Control Specialist B, you will be responsible for performing the physical or administrative tasks supporting the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary. Receives incoming materials, unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications. Maintains records of received goods, processes freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents. Stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. Lifts heavy items and may operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. upon receipt of internal certification.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming items and verifies quantities against purchase orders; processes receipts into computer-based company system of record
- Packages, labels and stocks material in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number
- Builds and issues kits, or individual parts in support of program and manufacturing material requirements
- Moves or transports material from stockroom to production areas
- Conducts periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock and company assets as required; adjusts inventory counts in property records as needed to maintain 100% accountability and accuracy
- Maintains 5S standards within stockroom and storage areas
- Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholding L3Harris Technologies and OSHA safety standards
- May be trained for cross-utilization in additional processes within Material Section as needed to support operations, i.e.; HAZMAT Certification; processing shipments in support of operations and testing events; conduct government-owned and company property accountability inspections, and other related functions as determined by supervisor
- Up to 5% travel may be required
- Able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
- Other duties as required
- Ability to safely complete all physical activities required in a stockroom environment including, but not limited to:
- lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying 25-50 pounds on a regular basis
- walking, bending, kneeling, sitting, standing, climbing, and reaching for prolonged periods of time on a regular basis
- ability to reach, use hands to finger, handle, feel, seize, grasp, turn, hold, and operate material handling tools and equipment
- willingness and ability to work in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises; reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis
- U.S. citizen
- The candidate must have broad Knowledge of the inventory Control profession and related job assignments
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearances as required
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience in inventory control/stockroom (receiving, storing and arranging, issuing and kitting of material) function related to the movement of inventory
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Costpoint and Ariba data systems, or similar ERP systems
- Experience in Aviation/Manufacturing Environment
- Experience in HAZMAT shipping, Previous DOT/IATA certification
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.