Inventory Control Specialist B
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Inventory Control Specialist B
Position: req # AS20201911-53402
Location: Ashburn, VA
As an Inventory Control Specialist B, you will support ongoing manufacturing operations. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming items and verifies quantities against purchase orders; processes receipts into computer-based company system of record
- Packages, labels and stocks material in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number
- Builds and issues kits, or individual parts in support of program and manufacturing material requirements
- Moves or transports material from stockroom to production areas
- Conducts periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock and company assets as required; adjusts inventory counts in property records as needed to maintain 100% accountability and accuracy
- Maintains 5S standards within stockroom and storage areas
- Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholding L3 Technologies and OSHA safety standards
- May be trained for cross-utilization in additional processes within Material Section as needed to support operations, i.e.; HAZMAT Certification; processing shipments in support of operations and testing events; conduct government-owned and company property accountability inspections, and other related functions as determined by supervisor
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain DoD clearance and additional clearances as required
- High school diploma
- 4+ years experience in inventory control/stockroom (receiving, storing and arranging, issuing and kitting of material) function related to the movement of inventory Ability to read, write and understand policies and procedures and computer generated reports
- Ability to complete applicable paperwork and computer data entries accurately
- Adherence to all health and safety standards set by L3 Technologies and regulatory agencies
- Ability to safely complete all physical activities required in a stockroom environment including, but not limited to:
- lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying 25-50 pounds on a regular basis
- walking, bending, kneeling, sitting, standing, climbing, and reaching for prolonged periods of time on a regular basis
- ability to reach, use hands to finger, handle, feel, seize, grasp, turn, hold, and operate material handling tools and equipment
- willingness and ability to work in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises; reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Costpoint and Ariba data systems, or similar ERP systems
- Experience in Aviation/Manufacturing Environment; HAZMAT shipping
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.