Factory Acceptance Test Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Factory Acceptance Test Engineer
Position: req # AS20211301-55001
Location: Ashburn, VA
As a Factory Acceptance Test Engineer, you will work closely with personnel from several departments including: Engineering, QA, Manufacturing Engineering, Test, Program Management, and Manufacturing. In this role, you will have unique and varied responsibilities. You will play a key role in all stages of the product life cycle and will work with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to develop and execute test strategies to facilitate transition from development to production. With this knowledge, you will provide support with troubleshooting and dispositioning of nonconformities for the Factory Test Technicians. The successful candidate will have the knowledge of the proper use and handling of test instruments, will be able to work at high quality standards, maintain on time delivery goals, and communicate test results and improvement plans to the management team.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Develop, deploy, execute and maintain factory test processes, plans, instructions, fixtures, calibration logs, and other related documentation for component and system level acceptance/production test
- First line of defense for identifying, troubleshooting, and coordinating the resolution of factory test failures. Acquire test yield data, track and analyze failure trends, identify issues, plan campaigns for yield improvements, develop, implements and continually improve real-time yield tracking systems
- Engage Engineering, as needed, to assist during the troubleshooting process; represents manufacturing failure root cause analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS)
- Support launch of new processes / capacity into factory; may require active role in fabricating new and/or additional test capacity
- Ensure proper use, handling and calibration of test instruments such as Network Analyzers, Power Meters, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Low voltage probes, Capacitance / Inductance meters, Digital Multi-meters
- Provide manufacturing Design for Test (DFT) requirements to Engineering team at early stages of design
- May be called upon to execute qualification/acceptance test procedures in front of customer witnesses
- Ability to direct, train, and mentor Factory Test Technicians
- Create, modify, and maintain factory test software using Microsoft Office products and C++, C#, Python, Java, MATLAB, and LabVIEW
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain DoD clearance and additional clearances as required
- Bachelors (BS) in Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
- Minimum of 0-2 years’ experience in relevant engineering discipline
- Ability to work independently on non-routine tasks requiring judgement and initiative.
- Experience working in a low volume / high mix or New Product Introduction (NPI) manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and comprehend complex technical specifications
- Strong analog and digital debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update
- Experience troubleshooting CCAs to the component level and performing necessary repairs including working with conformal coating
- Experience/certification in lean practices; 5S, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience in aviation or military systems manufacturing preferred
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.