Director, Manufacturing Operations
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID AS20211602-56731
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Operations Management
Location: Ashburn, VA
The Manufacturing Operations Director located in Ashburn VA will manage several experienced senior managers; communicate with parties inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence senior leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches; establish overall direction for new processes, systems, and solutions. Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals that directly impact the mid- to long-term function or business area achievements.
This position requires advanced business, general management and leadership capabilities. Typically has broad experience across multiple related professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization’s business practices. Significant experience in the defense electronics or aerospace manufacturing industry is required. Additional responsibilities are outlined below.
Functional Management Responsibilities:
- Weekly status review of manufacturing deliverables, quality trends and related corrective or preventative actions
- Weekly GEMBA walks and hands on leadership for behind schedule programs
- Monthly manpower planning, recruitment and interview processes
- Capital Planning, capital expenditure request generation and approval processes, and related project execution
- The Voice of Ashburn Manufacturing on AS&T’s Continuous Improvement (CI) committee
- The Voice of Ashburn Manufacturing on AS&T’s AS9100 Senior Leadership Committee
- Conduct Annual performance evaluation and goal setting reviews
- Conduct Annual Compensation planning / reviews
- Chair quarterly Operations All-hands meetings in Ashburn
- Chair monthly Operations leadership forum in Ashburn
- Chair weekly Manufacturing Leadership Staff in Ashburn
- Overhead budget planning / reviews
- Mentorship / Leadership Development
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as Manufacturing Manager leading development, production and/or sustainment programs
- Advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capabilities
- Broad experience across multiple related professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization’s business practices
- Extensive skills, knowledge and experience required for all areas related to UAV manufacturing in the electronics/aviation defense market.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Existing Secret DoD secret clearance with a current 5-year update.
- Ability to obtain additional security clearances as required.
- Extensive skills, knowledge and experience required for all areas related to UAV manufacturing in the commercial market space
- Composites manufacturing experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience. MBA desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.