Cyber Intelligence Specialist (ISSO)
Ashburn, VirginiaJob ID AS20210904-59461
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Cyber Intelligence Specialist, (Information System Security Officer, ISSO)
Position #: 20203009-51225
Location: Ashburn, VA
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is part of an Information Security team supporting a wide variety of existing and developing computer network and communications systems and projects. The ISSO is responsible for the development and implementation of security controls required IAW information system (IS) categorization and overlay
Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Develop and conduct risk assessment procedures for verification of RMF/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) safeguards to meet various regulatory requirements based upon NISPOM/DAAPM, RMF for DoD IT, JSIG, and NIST guidelines
- Author and provide oversight of various artifacts supporting RMF package artifacts to include the System Security Plan (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Plan Of Actions &Milestones (POA&M), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, CONOPS, and other RMF BoE artifacts
- Coordinates with internal/external partners to establish system security designs and validates compliance requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing and/or administering security controls for information systems
- Monitor IA Program compliance by performing periodic self-inspections, and tests and reviews of the IS to ensure that systems are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed
- Maintain operating systems and software in compliance with DISA STIGs
- Evaluate IA or IA-enabled HW/SW products for use by leveraging DISA APL/FIPS 140-3 validated module listing and knowledge of module implementation verifications
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures
- Review audit data of the IS and IS components (technical & physical) for anomalous or unauthorized activities
- Assist with hardware and software change management, account management, media protection, and Assured File Transfers
- Participates in documenting and publishing security related workflows and procedures to mitigate vulnerabilities and recommend changes to system or system components
- Conduct Cybersecurity initial/refresher briefings and investigations as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ISSM
- A minimum 4 years prior relevant experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Cisco), Windows server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization, and other related peripherals
- Experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security
- Experience with applying, searching, leveraging SCAP and STIGs
- Experience with Windows client/server security administration and underlying services such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP/Active Directory, firewalls and general networking
- Intimate familiarity with NIST 800-53 and 800-37 and general familiarity with other NIST 800 series special publications such as NIST 800-171, 800-30, 800-40r3, 800-59, 800-61, etc.,
- Experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows, Linux, UNIX systems to include stand-alone IS, peer-to-peer networks, LANs/WANs and interconnections
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt workload to accommodate changing project priorities
- Well versed in risk management, mitigation, and customer service
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD TS clearance with current 5 year update
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Must obtain DoD 8570 IAM & IAT level III certification within 6 months of hire
- 8570 IAM/IAT Level III Certification such as CISSP
- Experience with SPLUNK, Nessus, eMASS, RMFKS, Xacta, and other software/systems
- Experience in Special Access Program environments
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills to communicate well with team members, customers and leadership
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act and complete tasks independently with minimal/reasonable amount of support from team members
- Excellent people skills, with ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or a related field or Associate’s degree and related years of experience
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.