CNC Machinist B
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: CNC Machinist B
Location: Ashburn, VA
As a CNC Machinist, you will join a growing team and be responsible for the programming, setup and operation of CNC machine tools to produce prototype and production parts in a rapid-paced environment. You will perform a variety of manufacturing operations tasks related to the fabrication, machining, finishing and/or assembly of mechanical components.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience using small company agility and big company experience.
- Set up and operation of MAZAK CNC Milling Centers (30%)
- Create toolpaths and verify CNC Programs using Mastercam (25%)
- Write, Verify and Validate CNC Programs using MAZATROL (15%)
- Use manual machine tools to prep raw material and make repairs of existing parts (10%)
- Read and interpret technical drawings per ANSI Y 14.5 (10%)
- Use basic inspection equipment to check machined parts (10%)
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance and additional clearances as required
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Proficient in the basic use of manual machine tools (mill, lathe, drill press, band saw).
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to use standard inspection tools to inspect machined parts
- Ability to safely complete all physical activities required in a manufacturing environment including, but not limited to lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying 25-50 pounds, walking, bending, sitting, standing, climbing, and reaching for prolonged periods of time on a regular basis. Ability to seize, grasp, turn, hold, and operate manufacturing tools and equipment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active DOD Security Clearance
- Completion of two (2) years related technical school
- Proficient in using Mastercam 2017 or newer.
- Experience operating and programming a Mazak Machining Center
- Multi-axis machining experience.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.