Operations Program Manager - Security Clearance Required
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Operations Program Management
Job Location:Ashaway, RI
Job Description: Execute production programs on-time, within budget, and in full compliance with contractual terms. Utilize appropriate capability models and tracking tools. Conduct planning, scheduling, and reporting of assigned production program. Use lean/six sigma techniques to smooth production flow and eliminate waste and inefficiency. Participate in resource planning to prepare the organization for new and follow-on business. Maintain effective communication with co-workers, senior management, and suppliers through the supply chain manager to ensure resources are identified and assigned as needed to meet program requirements including technical, schedule and cost performance. Serve as the primary production interface to the customer on the assigned production program.
- Responsibilities include planning, coordination and leadership to ensure cost, schedule and technical performance goals are met.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with customers, program managers (PMs), functional leads, and management to secure compliance with schedules, resolve problems, and coordinate tasks.
- Conduct weekly status meetings. Monitor progress against master schedule. Review scrap & rework costs, and impact of yield loss on deliveries. Facilitate problem resolution. Prepare status reports.
- Provide direction to the organization to ensure assignment of resources needed to execute current contracts. Resources include personnel, space, equipment, and associated capital investment.
- Develop and/or contribute to program status review (PSR) presentations. Participate in reviews with management and customers.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for expanding production capabilities to meet demand.
- Identify and resolve supply chain issues (capacity, quality, delivery, obsolescence) before they impact production schedules. Involve engineering, procurement, quality, and other functional leads to minimize response time.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- Typically has comprehensive knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline and may have broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secret clearance required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.