Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manufacturing Technician B
Ashaway, Rhode IslandJob ID IMS20220112-94170
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Job Location: Ashaway, RI
With minimal guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Manufacturing Technician troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production mechanical, electronic and fiber optic components, parts, equipment and systems. Primary focus is in the areas of electronics, telemetry systems, etc. Reads work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and test methods for electrical, fiber optic and mechanical components. Responsible for performing functions associated with rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies.
Employee will be on a 9/80 work schedule and will be requested to work OT occasionally based on business needs.
- Manufactures electrical and optical assemblies, components, and harnesses using several fixtures and required tooling as specified through controlled instructions.
- Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical and optical assemblies, components, and harnesses using ohmmeters, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment.
- Recommend changes in procedures and specifications to improve performance of production components.
- Set up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model per test procedures.
- Responsible for following product test procedures, equipment operation and safety practices as documented in the company’s quality system manual.
- Works autonomously. Acts as a mentor to lower level peers and provides guidance on tasks.
- Ability to train others on procedures once you achieve Expert or Master Certification levels.
- Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a quality defect or safety concern is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
- Responsible for following procedures for product assembly and fabrication, equipment operation, and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system while always maintaining operational targets.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster collaboration with co-workers, customers, suppliers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community to obtain optimal solutions.
- Be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret Clearance
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Currently or previously IPC J-STD-001 solder certified.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.