Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Ashaway, Rhode IslandJob ID IMS20220112-94166
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assembler
Job Location: Ashaway, RI
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Assembler routes wires, assembles, and installs electrical and electronic components in military sonar systems and commercial equipment according to specifications using fixtures, jigs, hand tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings, and specifications to determine assembly methods.
Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic and/or electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled hand work or utilizing automated production equipment. Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding specified tolerances to blueprints.
Employee will be on a 9/80 work schedule and will be requested to work OT occasionally based on business needs.
- Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and materials per engineering and company's quality system procedures.
- Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements.
- Assemble printed wiring boards from engineering drawings using surface mount hardware, soldering irons and microscopes.
- Cut wire to specified lengths, using wire cutters, or automated cutting devices.
- Cut plastic sleeves and slip sleeves over wire ends to insulate connections.
- Crimp terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or machine crimping devices.
- Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness and plugs, using ohmmeter, test lights, and other electrical testing instruments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of mixing and measuring epoxies to accommodate the need to encapsulate electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of precise measuring equipment. (Calipers, Rulers, etc.)
- Ability to train others on assembly procedures once you achieve Expert or Master Certification levels.
- Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a quality defect or safety concern is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
- Responsible for following procedures for product assembly and fabrication, equipment operation, and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system while always maintaining operational targets.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster collaboration with co-workers, customers, suppliers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community to obtain optimal solutions.
- Be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret Clearance
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Currently or previously IPC J-STD-001 solder certified.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.