Travel Accounting Supervisor
Arlington, TexasJob ID AS20211904-59902
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Travel Accounting Supervisor
Job ID: AS20211904-59902
Job Location: Arlington, TX
Job Description:Responsible for analysis, reconciliation, and reporting in one or more areas of the following financial shared services: Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Travel. Ensures procedures and internal controls are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives. Responsibilities for Payroll include processing company payroll, ensuring accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings and company deductions. Prepares statistical reports on employee pay, commissions and bonuses; vacation, sick, disability and workers compensation leave; taxes, withholdings, etc. Responsibilities for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable include processing receivables, ensuring timely and accurate charge entries and preparing deposits. Codes, enters and prepares invoices, and responds to customer and vendor inquiries. Reviews invoices and ensures proper approvals. Records, enters and pays invoices. Travel responsibilities include developing, modifying, and executing company travel policies and procedures and ensuring travel reimbursements are in accordance with company per diem and travel standards. May negotiate contracts with travel vendors and suppliers to ensure cost control and effectiveness.
- Supervises individual(s) typically consisting of lower level professionals or supervisors and/or higher level support employees. Leads, directs and reviews the work of direct report(s) to maintain workflow and productivity and ensure weekly objectives are achieved. Provides input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for own organization. Reports to Associate Manager or higher.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own department, which may include customers or vendors. Explains and interprets policies, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization. May work to justify and gain cooperation of other parties on practices, policies, and procedures.
- Work consists of making moderate improvements to processes, systems, solutions or products to enhance performance of the job area. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are general and may require understanding of broader set of issues. Problems may require understanding of other job areas. Problems are typically solved drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issues.
- Plans and establishes operational objectives for a team with moderate impact on the achievement of department results. Assigns tasks, peer reviews and provides training. Does not have budget or Profit & Loss (P&L) accountability, but may manage day-to-day elements of the budget (e.g., overtime for staff).
- Assisting direct reports with travel related work from pre-travel processing to reimbursement, interpreting, enforcing and updating travel policy and procedures in accordance with corporate and other regulatory guidelines.
- May assist with pre-travel processing and approvals, booking travel and processing expense reports. Other duties include planning, and establishing objectives for the travel department, and other supervisor duties related to performance management.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minumum 4 years prior relevant experience.
- 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree with a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must
- Self-motivated team-player with positive attitude
- Detail-oriented and attention to accuracy is key
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.